Followers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Colouring White Tutorial

Hello Copic lovers! It's nervous Delphine here, I am posting my very first tutorial! It is about "Colouring White", because white needs to be coloured!
Hallo Copic-Fans! Hier ist die nervöse Delphine, ich poste heute mein allererstes Tutorial! Es geht um "Weiß colorieren", denn Weiß muss coloriert werden.

For this tutorial, I am using a Make It Crafty image called Cici, and to colour white, I use my Cool Greys, mostly C3, C1, C0 (and just a little bit of C5 at the end).
Ich verwende für dieses Tutorial ein Motiv von Make It Crafty namens Cici, und um Weiß zu colorieren, verwende ich meine kühlen Grautöne, vorwiegend C3, C1,  C0 (und ein wenig C5 zum Schluss).

White is the first thing I colour on my image. I find it easier to start that way because my grey areas will look darker than they really are with nothing else coloured, then once the image is coloured they will look whiter (so no risk of making it too dark in the first place) and I will then only add little touches of grey for adjustement.
Zuerst coloriere ich die weißen Flächen meines Motivs. Ich finde es einfacher, damit anzufangen, denn meine grauen Bereiche wirken dunkler, wenn nichts anderes um sie herum coloriert ist. Wenn das Motiv dann coloriert ist, wirken sie weißer (daher ist das Risiko, sie gleich am Anfang zu dunkel zu machen, geringer) und ich füge dann nur noch ganz, ganz wenig Grau hinzu, um letzte Anpassungen vorzunehmen.

Step 1: 
I start with C3, where I want the darkest areas to be. My light source is coming from the right.
Schritt 1:
Ich beginne mit C3 dort, wo ich die dunkelsten Stellen haben möchte. Meine Lichtquelle kommt von rechts.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Step 2:
I use C1, covering my C3 and making my grey area wider.
Schritt 2:
Ich verwende C1, bedecke damit mein C3 und verbreitere den grauen Bereich.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Step 3:
Use C0, to expand the grey a bit more.
Schritt 3:
Ich verwende C0, um den grauen Bereich noch ein wenig breiter zu machen.

 ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Step 4: 
Colour the rest of your image. On the photo below, I have not added any grey to the parts I want to be white, I have coloured everything except the white.
Schritt 4:
Ich coloriere den Rest des Motivs. Auf dem Foto unten habe ich kein weiteres Grau zu den Flächen hinzugefügt, die ich weiß haben möchte, ich habe nur alles andere coloriert.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Step 5:
Now to give more depth, I am going to add just a little bit of C5 in the "darkest" white areas.
Schritt 5:
Um dem Motiv mehr Tiefe zu geben, füge ich  in den "dunkelsten" weißen Bereiche nur ein kleines bisschen C5 hinzu.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Step 6:
Add a little bit of C3 to blend the C5.
Schritt 6:
Ich verwische die Ränder des C5 mit C3.

And voilà!

All the Copics I used are:
Alle Copics, die ich verwendet habe:
Skin and eyes/Haut und Augen: E000, 00, 02, 11, BG01
Hair/Haar: B21, C3, 5, 7, 9
Flower/Blume: C0, 1, 3, 5, Y000, 00, 21
Cherry/Kirsche: R32, 35, 37, 59, E33, 35, 37
Ground/Boden: W0, 1, 3

And here is the card I made with my image...
Und hier ist die Karte, die ich mit meinem Motiv gemacht habe...



I hope you liked my tutorial, please feel free to ask if you have any questions!
Thank you for looking!
Ich hoffe, ihr mögt mein Tutorial, zögert bitte nicht, Fragen zu stellen!
Danke für's Anschauen!

Hugs
Delphine xx

21 comments:

Christy Beans said...

Terrific tutorial, Delphine - you definitely didn't let us down (told you so!!!)... and your coloring is fabulous as always. Suddenly I have the urge to color daisies, polar bears and cute white summer dresses. LOL =) ~Christy

Martina said...

Great Tuturial Delphine! Fantastic work!
Martina

Marcelle said...

Thanks for a great tutorial!
I ll give it a try I have never color white...
Cheers
Marcelle

Kathi said...

Fantastic tutorial. Thank you!

I love how you colored the final image!

m@deliefjuh said...

wauw!

Louise said...

Wow gorgeous delphine and explained perfectly

Céline said...

Perfect tutorial Delphine,really clear! , i need to try it now!!!
hugs
céline

Toos Awater said...

Wowwww dat is super zeg dank je wel voor de tutorial

Groetjes Toos

Margreet said...

prachtig gekleurd.
Groetjes Margreet

Sandra said...

Great tutorial!!!

Thank you so much for showing! :)

Sandra said...

Great tutorial!!!

Thank you so much for showing! :)

Lydia Boode said...

Absolute great Tutorial.Your card is awesome.
Hugs lydia

Eemeli said...

Fabulous coloring! Wish I could reach that point someday (or even close to that). Thanks for the tutorial and hugs from snowy Finland. -Eemeli-

Karen Petitt said...

Fab tutorial - no need to be so nervous it was great. I've never left an element white before but I will try now. Karen x

Els Wouters said...

This is so beautiful !

Yvonne said...

Thanks a lot for this awesome tutorial!!!
hugs Yvonne

Marian said...

Knap werk met het wit
Groetjes

Diny Sprakel said...

great tutorial, really clear how you color your whitres. Thank You Diny

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful and a great tutorial.

greetings karin

Mariska said...

Wow what a stunner Delphine!! Love how you colored that image and your tutorial is VERY good!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic tutorial. Thank you!