Followers

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Penny in Love


Hi Everyone :)

It's Faye here, and with Valentines Day just around the corner, I thought I would play with a beautiful new image from Make it Crafty.


Penny in Love is just perfect for you to practice colouring your skin and hair on. I printed her out nice and big, (about 11cm high) so I could do just that. I wanted to really play with the depth in her hair, and make the different strands of hair 'pop' out.  Because the image is not too complicated, it also allowed me to think about my light source, something I always struggle with.

When I colour an image of a person, I always colour the skin first. I do this as it is generally the palest colour. When I add the darker colours later, it would be very easy to accidentally pick up some ink and drag it onto the skin. Which, if I've already spent a long time colouring an image, is the kind of disaster I can do without. I colour the hair next, and then the rest of the image, starting with the areas which will be in the palest colours, white, for example, progressing to the darkest. And I ALWAYS leave red until last!


Markers used...
Skin; E000, E00, E01, E11, E70, E71
Hair; E34, E39, E57, E59, E49
Eyes; B91, B95, B97, B60, B63
Pink; RV10, R81, R83, R85
Green; YG03, YG67, Red; R35, R39

Thanks so much for stopping by... Have a great day.
Faye x

3 comments:

Becky said...

What an awesome image. Colored beautifully.

Frouwkje said...

Beautiful!
xxx Frouwkje

Whatever said...

What's up with the weird neck on this chick? That line looks to be totally in the wrong place... huh!?!?