Followers

Saturday, June 20, 2015

How I Colour Fur

Hi, everyone!
Here's Vili and today I'd like to show you the way I colour fluffy fur. I chose a really cute Silviya Zet's stamp - Fluffy Hanging There, which, sadly, can't be found digital anymore.


I decided to make my Fluffy not in the traditional "forest" colours but in more unusual ones. I chose the Warm Grey range of colours and started colouring the whole fur with the lightest one:


Then it comes a little bit darker one, and I mark the places of the shadows with it:


And the darker one:
 


And the darker ones:
 



I've said many times that after I've put the darker colours I return to the two lighter ones and I go over with them again:



Now I need my Copic Classic markers because they have fine nibs, useful for fine details:




After the darker spots are ready I put in the darkest colour:



 I leave out the other steps of the colouring because this post will become too long but my Fluffy is almost ready:



Now it's time to highlight the lightest spots, using white gel-pen:


And Fluffy is completely ready:


Copics used:
Fur: W0, W1, W2, W3, W5, W7, W9
Flowers: RV52, RV55, W3
Background: V20, V22, V25
Earth: E50, E51, E53, E55

Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!

Vili M. xxxx

No comments: