Followers

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Curly Haired Superhero


Hi Everyone, it's Faye here today, and I thought I'd talk to you about Curly Hair :)

I love colouring Curly Hair, it's a chance to be really messy and random with my Markers. I've used an image from Little Miss Muffet Stamps called Toby, he's such a cutie and perfect for some lovely curls... 


Starting with my lightest colour, in this case, E31, I roughly draw lots of little 'c' shapes over the hair area, turning the paper around, so that the little 'c's all point in different directions.

I do the same thing with each of my Markers, getting darker as I go along, (E34, E99, E37 and finally E59.) and use less of each colour as it I build the layers of curls.

This is a great technique for being messy with your Copics. In fact, one of mine dripped a glob of ink on the hair just as I finished and I was able to correct the accident. You'd never know... I think I would have cried if it had been straight hair!

Here he is in full Superhero Glory...


And busting through the card he is going to live on...


Copics Used... 
Skin; E50, E51, E21, E11, E04
Hair; E31, E34, E99, E37, E59
White, C0, C1, C3
Yellow; Y23, Y26, E33
Turquoise; BG11, BG13, BG18
Blue; B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Red; R32, R35, R37, R39

Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have any questions about this project, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Have a great day.

Faye xx

No comments: